Nail scissors are one of the most important tools in a manicure or pedicure kit. They can help you achieve precision cuts on your nails, and make them look their best. But How To Use Nail Scissors Proper?
Here is a step-by-step guide:
- Start with clean, dry nails. Make sure that there is no polish or debris on your nails, as this can interfere with the cutting process.
- If your nails are very long, you may want to trim them down before using the scissors. This will make it easier to get a precise cut.
- Hold the scissors in your dominant hand, and place your thumb and first two fingers through the loops at the end of the scissors.
- Place the blades of the scissors at the base of your nail, and trim off any excess length.
- If you want to create a curved shape, open the scissors slightly and curve the blades around your nail. Cut along the desired shape.
- Repeat these steps for all of your nails.
- Once you are finished, wash your hands and nails with soap and water to remove any debris.
By following these simple steps, you can use nail scissors to achieve professional-looking results at home. With a little practice, you’ll be able to create any shape or style that you desire.
Check Out: Best Manicure Nail Scissors
How To Sharpen Curved Nail Scissors?
If you want your scissors to make crisp, clean cuts, it’s important to keep them sharp. While most people think that only straight-edge scissors need to be sharpened, this isn’t the case. Curved nail scissors can also benefit from good sharpening.
There are a few different ways that you can sharpen your curved nail scissors. You can use a honing stone, a diamond sharpener, or even take them to a professional sharpener. Whichever method you choose, it’s important to follow the instructions carefully so that you don’t damage your scissors.
Sharpening with a Honing Stone
One of the best ways to sharpen your curved nail scissors is with a honing stone. This type of sharpener is designed specifically for scissors, and it will help to keep your blades nice and sharp.
To use a honing stone, start by wetting the stone with some water. Then, open up your scissors and place the blade on the stone at a 20-degree angle. Next, use a back-and-forth motion to move the blade across the stone. Finish by flipping the scissors over and repeating the process on the other side.
Sharpening with a Diamond Sharpener
Another option for sharpening your curved nail scissors is to use a diamond sharpener. This type of sharpener can be found at most hardware stores, and it’s relatively easy to use.
To sharpen your scissors with a diamond sharpener, start by opening up the scissors and placing the blade on the sharpener at a 20-degree angle. Then, use a back-and-forth motion to move the blade across the sharpener. Finish by flipping the scissors over and repeating the process on the other side.
Taking Them to a Professional Sharpener
If you don’t feel comfortable sharpening your curved nail scissors yourself, you can always take them to a professional sharpener. This is usually the best option if your scissors are very dull or if they’ve been damaged in some way.
When taking your scissors to a professional sharpener, be sure to ask about their experience with this type of scissor. You’ll also want to make sure that they know how to properly sharpen curved nail scissors so that they don’t damage the blades.
Your scissors would be nice and sharp again. You can then get back to trimming your nails with confidence!